Rescheduled to Fall 2015
Biography: Sally Fallon Morell is the author of the best-selling cookbook Nourishing Traditions (with Mary G. Enig, PhD) and of The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care (with Thomas Cowan, MD). She is the founding president of the Weston A. Price Foundation and the number one spokesperson for the return of nutrient-dense foods to American tables.
First time in New Mexico: Learn more about Sally Fallon
The Oiling of America:
How the false cholesterol theory caused Americans to abandon traditional whole foods and created an epidemic of chronic disease. Learn about the culture of fraud in scientific research, the dangers of cholesterol-lowering diets and drugs, and the body's biochemical need for cholesterol.
Animal fats, properly prepared whole grains, enzyme-enriched foods and nourishing bone broths kept our ancestors healthy. Sally Fallon Morell, author of Nourishing Traditions, explains why you need these foods too. Beginning with a presentation of Dr. Weston Price’s unforgettable photographs of healthy traditional peoples, Sally explains the underlying factors in a variety of traditional diets that conferred beauty, strength and complete freedom from disease on so-called primitive populations. Learn about:
- Butter, the number one health food
- Vital role of high cholesterol foods
- Dangers of modern soy foods and soy infant formula
- The dangers of vegetable oils and hydrogenated fats
- Raw Milk, the miracle food
- Foods that help babies grow up smart and strong
- Old fashioned foods that give limitless energy and vibrant health
- The unfortunate consequences of modern farming methods